Recently, our site has received a lot of messages abouthow to use a lawyer dating website to find a serious and long-term relationship. To that end, this is my list “to do’s” for people (yes, people, not just men) who are trying to find a long-term partner using an online dating site:
1. Don’t yell at your profile: I just want to say it – filling out your online dating profile is a painful ass, especially if you have to take a long-term test to determine your personality type. Despite this unfortunate reality, if you really want to find a compatible spouse, you really should set aside a lot of time dedicated to filling out your online information. Think of it this way: When you are carefully reading the personal data of a person who might match it, will you have little to do with someone in their profile?
2. Be yourself: It is difficult to fill in these profiles. How do you describe yourself accurately rather than being arrogant or boring? There is no formula; all I can say is not to try to be someone else who wants you. It’s like posting an inaccurate photo of yourself; sooner or later people will realize that this is not the real you, leaving the opportunity for your long-term relationship out of the window.
3. One of the most common complaints I hear from men is that women frequently misrepresent themselves in their photos by using old photos (sometimes decades old) or by cropping them in too tightly so you don’t realize they are of a certain body type. Obviously, men do this as well; I’ve just heard this complaint more frequently from men than from women.
I used to think this was shallow advice, but it all comes down to honesty. One of the men I met through an online dating site thanked me for looking exactly like my photos because one woman he went on a date with ended up gaining a significant amount of weight since the photos she posted were taken. He told me it wasn’t that he minded she was overweight; he was upset by the fact that she lied to him.
Some people think that posting their own inaccurate photos is the only way to get an appointment because people’s judgment on the outside is very serious. Ok, make sure you might get more appointments. But those dates will lead to the relationship you are looking for? If your date feels lying, it may not be.
4. Write the quality first message: We all know that the online dating world is very competitive, so why waste time writing down memorable introductory information? A commentator on my “three mistakes…” said that someone kept telling them the word “hi”. Just “hi”. You have to know that if you just start to send a “hi” to someone you are interested in, you won’t get any attention.
5. Put important information at the top of your profile: If you’re looking for very specific information, such as a transaction disruptor that you absolutely want people to know, put this information at the top of your profile. Even if they don’t read your entire file, they will at least know that you don’t want children or are allergic to cats (my boyfriend, if I have a cat instead of a dog, I won’t date because he is allergic to cats).
6. Read the introduction of potential spouses: Just as you spend a lot of time and energy writing a good profile for yourself, so are many others. Just like you, those people are trying to communicate with you and their potential partners what they bring to the relationship table. Neither of you deserves to read your profile carefully? After all, if the online appointment profile is part of the entire online dating process, why skip this step? For those who add some real ideas to their profile, there is some very valuable information.
7. Don’t be afraid to make the first step: Does the “traditional” dating rule apply to online dating (ie the first step for men)? To be honest, I don’t think traditional dating rules should apply to offline dating. If you are interested in someone, take action.
If you want to meet a match through a rich people online dating site, you can join our professional serious dating site in addition to the lawyer dating site.